[P1] Jerky/torn graphics in Keynote on iBook

Mark O'Brien rmobrien at mac.com
Sun Feb 23 09:42:46 PST 2003

On Friday, February 21, 2003, at 04:31  PM, David Linker wrote:

> The one problem was that there was "tearing" of the display on the
> projector during some fancy transitions. After the presentation, I
> tried playing with the display parameters to see if that helped. I had
> heard that changing the refresh rate to 60 Hz might help. It made
> things better, but did not resolve the issue. I tried the "Present on
> alternate display" option, but that seemed not to do anything.
>
> Does saving as Quicktime and presenting from Quicktime resolve the
> jerky/torn graphic problem? Or just the crash during display issue,
> which I believe has been resolved if you have OS X 10.2.4
> (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61858).

I was disappointed to find during my first live Keynote presentation
that I couldn't drive the projector from my TiBook 667 because I only
have 16MB VRAM - this is the last pre-DVI TiBook 667.

I didn't have time to play with the Keynote or video settings at the
time, but fortunately I had saved copies in PowerPoint, PDF, and
QuickTime formats. While QuickTime made for a huge file (16MB vs 900k
for Keynote and 600k for PowerPoint), all the Keynote transitions
carried over and were viewable on the projected image. QuickTime saved
the day!

Mark