Thanks and info for others travelling to Long Beach, CA

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Sun Feb 23 16:46:07 PST 2003

Just a note to say thanks to all that answered my post about finding a way
to access the web during my US trip.

For any others that may be in the Long Beach area there is a free (paid for
by local cafes and stores...where else are you going to go in order to surf
there!) wifi network downtown starting at Pine street and Ocean Blvd and
going for 4 blocks (direction city centre) the only limitations were that it
was dial-up and that you could only be connected for 1 hour at a time...

I had to pinch myself a few times during my trip...place yourself in the
situation...

Warm weather sitting outside in Feb. enjoying an iced coffee in a street
café with an airport equipped iBook running X and surfing for free (I could
see three other networks as well but wasn't sure that they were really
public access)  and there were actually only other Mac users there (I swear
that I didn't see any PC notebooks on that street during my stay) it was
heaven...ya, baby ya...

Richard