[P1] Huge speakers for little iBook?

Michael Flournoy meflournoy at attbi.com
Mon Feb 24 19:31:23 PST 2003

Careful! If yours is like my 366 the port that looks like a headphone
jack is , like you said, some sort of a combi-port for audio/visual
stuff. I found that when I plugged headphones in and wiggled it even
slightly the screen would set itself to NTSC. Really ugly. The whole
display preference screen would be changed with most of the options
gone and strange new ones. The only way I could fix it was with a
reboot.
I use a Griffin iMic in the usb port now which gives no problem.
The output will be too low to run the speakers unless they have built
in amplifiers. I run my iMac through the home stereo with a patch cord
to the aux input.
    Good luck,
                   Mike