[P1] Ibook hd question

david davidwb at spymac.com
Tue Feb 25 10:11:14 PST 2003

On Tuesday, February 25, 2003, at 12:48  PM, Myers, Curt wrote:

> It's worth it to pay MCE Technologies to do it.  I've seen the website
> where someone did it.  Pure torture.  For 500 you can get a 60 gig
> hard drive and a cd-rw put in it.  I don't have the link, but google
> MCE Technologies and you'll find their services.

check out: <http://caslis.com/mac/ibook/ibdrive.html> for doing the
clamshell iBook

Several years ago I rescued a friend who got about 30 minutes into his
hard drive upgrade and chickened out. I finished it and while I’ve been
doing this kind of thing since 1978 (no, really, 1978. I built an
Altair) this was the most nerve wracking finger scraping upgrade I’ve
ever done. A couple months later I decided my tangerine needed
upgrading so I let MCE do it. Great service and a decent price. I
highly recommend them for out of warranty PowerBook repairs.

david

Good qualities are easier to destroy than bad ones, and therefore
uniformity is most easily achieved by lowering all standards.
  ~~ Bertrand Russell

David