Merlin C201 PC Card online and working!

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 25 16:20:05 PST 2003

After a few hassles, mainly getting a PC laptop to initialize the card
and then realizing I don't have a sprint account and that I should use
#777 instead of just 777...I got it to work and I am now surfing with
just the PC Card installed.

The script that is offered indicates via internet connect that I am
connected at 230400 bps but I question that based on what I am seeing
for downloads. It is definitely faster than my hotel dialup via airport
or direct, but not as fast as DSL.

Anyway, just being able to surf in the middle of nowhere is enough for
me, until tomorrow when the novelty wears off and I become demanding...
  :)

I will assemble a web page of how it went for those who are interested,
just know that on a tiBook with Jaguar dot 4, it works.

I remember when unplugging a clients phone and plugging in my internal
modem caused a lot of interest. Now I can put up a web server in the
middle of the everglades and show 2 minutes later the photo I just
took...

The thread began on the Powerpage:
<http://www.powerpage.org/story.lasso?newsID=10220>
---

Break the Rules! Use a Sprint PC Connection Card with a tiBook:
<http://www.powerpage.org/story.lasso?newsID=10220>

jackrodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.jackrodgers.com