Mac.com

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sat Jan 4 17:13:54 PST 2003

> From: Ally Maddox <almenter at madisontelco.com>
>
> OUCH!!!!!  That hurts!!  :-)  but Dan Farley said we could get one by
> going in with someone else - Dan? This sounds a lot better to me!
>
> OK, Dan, can we go in with you? Later, I'll go check out the site, as
> sent by Stephen.

It should be pointed out that adding people to your Mac.com plan that
are not living in the same household with you is a violation of the
terms and you could forfeit your membership if you do this. I should
add that since IP tracking is obvious and easy, it would be child's
play for Apple to determine if you were in fact doing this -- assuming
they bother to check.

Personally, I find .Mac to be VERY worth what I paid for it -- $49
(plus a $10 add-on for my wife). The free software, the free Kodak
prints (that alone paid for it), the upcoming new features (one of
which has already been unveiled -- .Mac address book will soon sync to
my personal address book, a tremendous benefit), iSync and iCal and
Backup and Virex ... oh, and the vastly larger inbox and free web
space. For me, all that was easily worth the $49.

I admit I would have had to think about it a LOT harder at $99, and I
have to believe Apple plans to unveil more features between now and
September if they want me to renew at that price.

_Chas_
"We don't want to be like Windows. We want to do everything better. We
are intent on creating the greatest computers and the best computing
experience in the world. And we are the only ones who can say that with
a straight face."
- Greg Joswiak, Apple VP of hardware product marketing