USB Digicam problem

John Clemens jaysee at wow.net
Mon Jan 6 08:59:14 PST 2003

Hi there,
This is my first post and I'm seeking some help for the following problem.

I have a Sony DSC S 70 camera and download my pics mainly onto an ibook.
The problem is that I disconnected the camera without using the exit
command, or dragging the icon to trash,this caused the warning to
appear that damage could be done if you don't close down properly.
After that I was able to download on one more occasion.
Subsequently when connecting the camera the image will not mount onto
the screen, I have tried on numerous occasions without success.
All other USB peripherals work ok on the two ports.
I have tried connecting the camera to a desktop computer I have, but
again the image will not mount.
I tried installing the Sony drivers again, but with no success.
Is it possible that the USB cable got fried, or is just not working ?.
I have ordered another cable to try that approach.
Any suggestions / assistance, anyone can offer would be very much
appreciated as the camera has 61 images to download, some of which I
wanted to use in my first attempt at an iphoto book.
Many thanks,
John