[P1] Address Book??????

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 6 17:14:03 PST 2003

On Monday, January 6, 2003, at 07:56  PM, Pat D. Stephens wrote:

> I'd like it if there were a way to print out all at one time in a book
> form, but if there is, I can't find it.  Also, I hate to reenter all
> the data into it from my old one.  Hundreds of names and addresses and
> as far as I can tell, it doesn't have the ability to address envelopes
> as the old one does....a real advantage!  If I'm wrong, please let me
> know.

Yep, Apple's Address application is limited and has some short comings.
Versiontracker.com lists various third party freeware and shareware
apps to deal with this.

However, let me upgrade my suggestion to using Filemaker for your
addresses. It is far more flexible than any application I've seen and
you can customize it to do what you want. It's easy enough to learn so
that you wouldn't spend much time getting started. It also has
templates that might be all that you need.

All you need to do is export your addresses as a tab delimited text
file and Filemaker will create a new file for you using that data and
you are off and running.

---
I propose that all elections for public office be advanced two years so
that anyone elected to office can serve a two year jail term for the
crimes they are about to commit and that we will probably find hard to
prove.
Jack Rodgers

Email: jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Web:  www.jackrodgers.com