[P1] New powerbooks .. DROOOL

Mark ibooklist at helpmymac.com
Wed Jan 8 07:47:49 PST 2003

Small Moose Ltd on 1/8/03 7:05 AM wrote:

> Other than that, the 17" really doesn't interest me. I'd be perfectly happy
> with as small and as powerful a unit as possible.

I would love to get my hands on the new 12" G4 PowerBook too. As I type, I'm
trying to figure out how to sell my snow iBook and raise funds to cover the
difference. I have to say though, that the new 17" PowerBook has some truly
incredible features besides that humongous screen.

Along with FireWire 800 (double the speed of the original FireWire) they've
included AirPort Extreme (http://www.apple.com/airport/> for a wireless
(IEEE 802.11g) connection that's 5 times the speed of the original AirPort.
Thankfully it's optional on the 12".

The base station comes in two versions (with or without modem) and they sell
for $199 and $249. Apple also added a USB port to connect a printer. I
wonder if the range is still the same?

What made me go Ooooo-Ahhhh, was the backlit keyboard (via fiber
optics) on the 17" that automatically adjusts to the environment, as well as
auto adjusting the screen brightness.

GEE-WIZ!