[P1] DVD Settings

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Wed Jan 8 10:51:20 PST 2003

Which iBook do you have?  The 8VRAM snow uses a
different port and adapter than the 16VRAM, for
example.  See specifically KB88396, also eg 88395,
88040, some others.

At my 1st try to connect my then-new 16VRAM snow
to my TV, I ended up having to call AppleCare,
which had me reset PRAM (or reset PowerManager -?,
I forget which now), after doing which the
connect (using Apple adapter <-> s-video cable <-> TV)
was "as easy as Apple"[C 2003, TR, except use of
"Apple", a registered trademark ..... ].  Cf eg KB2238
re resetting PRAM, 14449 re PowerMgr.

Since then, it's all gone without a hitch,
including p'n'p transparently running a nice
lcd projector at all possible combinations of the
iBook's two video resolutions and various color
settings and the iBook's three possible video
out formats (rca composite and s-video, and vga),
just plugging and unplugging.  Funny because it
was at a computer science dept, and the window$
users had been saying the projector was broken
(there was talk of discarding it and getting
a new one, but I let my group spirit rule, instead
of taking the "broken" unit off their hands ;-) ).

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, Brian Olesky wrote:

 . . .