[P1] replacing battery

Allan Hise allan at hise.org
Thu Jan 9 05:42:01 PST 2003

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, matthew h wrote:

> Since my (dual USB) iBook battery stopped holding anything longer than
> a ten minute charge, I went out and bought a new one.  (It's very silly
> to have a laptop that must be plugged into a wall..)  The replacement
> battery instruction say to refer to my original computer instruction
> which are kind of inaccessible at this moment.  This Knowledge Base
> article makes battery replacement sound so... easy...  Is it truly just
> switching them?  No hidden charge times or anything?
>
> Anyone who has experience in this matter care to lend an opinion?
>
> (I'm on digest so feel free to contact me directly)
>
> Cheers,
> Matthew

I don't have the same iBook (mine is a early 2002 700 MHz), but as far as
I know, you just pop the new one in and go. My 2nd battery came charged,
even. I did run it till the iBook gave the low battery warning and slept,
then charged it fully. That may just be voodoo superstition on my part,
but I wanted my power manager to know exactly what the status of the
battery was.

Allan