[P1] removing OS 9?

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 9 20:18:43 PST 2003

On Thursday, January 9, 2003, at 09:56  PM, Bill Lockhart wrote:

> On my new iBook can I just delete the OS 9 Application Folder and OS 9
> System Folders?
> I no longer have any use for 9 and if I did, wouldn't Classic take
> care of anything that might pop up?

No. Classic is not a system, it is a piece of software that negotiates
between OS 9 and OS X. I think you will find it in the OS 9 System
folder. If you plan on using applications that require OS 9, don't
delete the above mentioned folders.

Common usage seems to have confused Classic with an operating system.
It is not. OS 9 is the operating system and Classic is the bridge
needed to get there from OS X.

---
I propose that all elections for public office be advanced two years so
that anyone elected to office can serve a two year jail term for the
crimes they are about to commit and that we will probably find hard to
prove.
Jack Rodgers

Email: jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Web:  www.jackrodgers.com