Friend has dead ibook (*yipes*)

Joe jabeleda at nbn.net
Sat Jan 11 01:17:22 PST 2003

Here's his explanation:

"I was tinkering with the terminal in bed one day. I let myself get
distracted and may have hit a few keys before i decided to put my iBook
on the table. The next morning it won't start up. (I get the Folder/"?"
Icon blinking at me)

I managed to start up with a backup Zipdisk and Firewire Drive. My
Normal HD isn't showing up. At all. not in disk warrior, or norton, or
First Aid, or even Apple System Profiler. IT doesn't have an ATA drive
listed.

Could it have been.. unplugged? Any ideas as to what happened to my my
dear ibook?"

Can you help him?

TIA