[P1] Friend has dead ibook (*yipes*)

Allan Hise allan at hise.org
Sat Jan 11 09:15:32 PST 2003

I seem to recall Joe saying that the drive can't be seen by any disk
utilities. That makes it difficult to re-install...

I don't know much about the open firmware, but is it possible he did some
wacky open firmware thing. I've heard that removing RAM will reset open
firmware. Perhaps he should try that... But I will admit, this is just a
guess.

Or the hard drive could have just died then.

Is the iBook still under warranty? If so - call Applecare.