[P1] Connecting my iBook to a Television

Meg St. Clair megsaint at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 11 21:47:57 PST 2003

Okay, I know that this subject has been addressed relatively recently but
I'm still confused. I want to connect my iBook to my television, mostly to
watch DVDs on a larger screen. My DVD player is a bit flakey and it would
also be nice to be able to watch DVDs at my DVD player-less boyfriend's
house.

I have a 700 MHz 12 inch iBook (System Profiler calls it Version 1.2,
whatever that means), purchased, I think, in May 2002 or thereabouts. It has
2 USB ports and a Firewire port. According to "Help", I need a Video Adapter
which plugs into the video out port. According to the nice young man at the
local Apple Store, I can use the A/V cable that plugs into the headset jack,
which I bought. Knowledge Base seems vaguely to indicate that this might
work. If it does, I haven't figured out how.

So, does anyone know if this cable I purchased will work on my iBook? What
"model" iBook do I have? Is what I want to do actually possible?

Meg