Clamshell Rev A. Limits? True limits.

Erik Gilchrist erikgil at metagrafix.com
Mon Jan 13 19:42:07 PST 2003

I am Digest, so CC me and the list please  ;-)

I just saw a few posts where users of Rev A. Clamshell owners have used
512MB sticks in the machine and it recognizes it.  My machine is a
server and with the apple limit of 288 (32 onboard and 256 as a chip)
and I would love to go to 512+ but was told a few months ago when I
upgraded the HD to 20 GB, Jag, and the 256MB chip that that was the
absolute limit.  funny that it now may work.

Do you folks see the actual speed boost on any bench tests?  Is it a
seat of pants thing?  I need to get more ram in there but do not want
to waste money.

BTW, I have a spare 128MB chip that I had upgraded when I got it just
sitting here.  I may have a machine for it.

Appreciate the answers folks!!!  Now I am shifting gears if my wallet
will allow!

erik
(digest afflicted, hoping for CC's to me and the list.)