Changinging Default Web Browser for Outlook Express

Frank McBride fmcbride at mitre.org
Wed Jan 15 12:11:11 PST 2003

	I have a 500 MHz G3 iBook running OS 9.1.1 at home.  I have been
accessing my e-mail at home through my corporate firewall via cable
modem.  Netscape was the corporate standard for email and web browser.
My company ceased support for the Mac on 31 December, and I no longer
can tunnel into my corporate servers from home.  Microsoft Internet
Explorer is loaded on the iBook, as well as Outlook Express.

	I have forwarded some email from work to my home Outlook
Express/Comcast email account.  In OE, whenever I select a URL to link
to from the forwarded e-mails, it attempts to open Netscape, vice
Internet Explorer.  I have been unsuccessful in locating the place to
assign/change the default web browser through IE's preferences and tool
menus.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

	Thanks,

	Frank McBride
	Highlands, NJ