[P1] power inverters for the car

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 15 13:14:11 PST 2003

On Wednesday, January 15, 2003, at 01:07  PM, Guy McMickle wrote:

> I'm looking for some input on power inverters.  I'm going on a trip
> this weekend and would like to be able to use my iBook for longer than
> the battery lasts.  I was thinking of getting a power inverter that
> plugs into the cigarette lighter.  What kind of power should I be
> looking for?  Any brands I should stay away from?  Thanks.

There are at least two choices both of which plug into the cigarette
lighter outlet or in my case to the 'power outlet'. One is an car
adapter for the book and the other offers two prong outlets for our a/c
powerbricks and other equipment. I have both but the ac outlet is
cheaper since it accomodates all of your various powerbricks instead of
having to buy a car adapter for each. And, the APC unit I bought offers
surge protection and cuts out if the car battery falls below a certain
voltage. Since every gadget ships with its own powerbrick, the APC with
the A/C outlet seems a better idea.

---

Email: jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Web:  www.jackrodgers.com