[P1] iBook keyboard problems

Jason Bennett jpbennett at mac.com
Fri Jan 17 13:31:07 PST 2003

Gorjan,

Have you tried calling Apple Europe directly to explain your situation?
In the US/Canada, Apple arranges to have iBooks shipped to a single
facility, so local Apple resellers don't even touch the laptop. Perhaps
they have a similar program in Europe, which means it may be just be
just a matter of following the shipping instructions they give you over
the phone, and waiting for them to do the rest and send it back to you?

I also noticed that Apple does have some parts that users are
authorized to replace themselves, such as keyboards:

I guess the question is trying to get them to mail you a keyboard to
replace your broken one.

The only other thing I can think of is calling the retailer who sold
you the iBook to see if they can help in this situation.

Tell us how it goes,

Jason