[P1] Airport Connection symbol?

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Fri Jan 17 20:50:16 PST 2003

On Friday, January 17, 2003, at 10:56  PM, Pat D.Stephens wrote:

> This is in the top line...Apple icon, Mail, File, Edit, View, Mailbox,
> Message, Format, Window, Help, It (the icon for strength of signal)
> and sound level icon, plugged in icon percentage, and Date and time.
> But at times, it's just not there...all the others are.  I just don't
> know why it sometimes is gone but the connection remains...

I just added the Script Menu icon (to remind myself to run a script
that backs up some important files), and lo and behold, the AirPort
connection icon has disappeared in Mail, because there's no longer
enough room to display them all.

I suppose the easy solution would be to command-drag the icons into a
different order (you can also command-drag some of them out of the
menubar altogether), so a different one "disappears" when there isn't
enough room for it.

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net