[P1] Well, I've done it now!!!!

William L Carr Jkirk3279 at beanstalk.net
Sat Jan 18 20:20:16 PST 2003

On Saturday, January 18, 2003, at 05:29  PM, maizychicken wrote:

> I was installing some extra memory in my iBook this morning and I
> dropped
> one of the teeny tiny RAM shield screws INTO the computer.  The shield
> and
> the screw hole weren't lining up well, and the screw just rolled into
> the
> hard drive area.  I tried to shake it out the way it went in(could
> here it
> rattling around in the machine) but no luck.

Well, as long as it's still OFF, the keyboard removed completely, (and
with the battery out to make sure), you could get a can of compressed
air, turn the iBook upside down over a white sheet spread on the floor,
and blow the compressed air into the crevices.   Maybe it'll knock it
loose.   As I visualize the interior of my iBook, I don't see how the
screw could have gone far.   I mean, the iBooks are built like a brick!
   Once you get the plastic covers off, sure, the screw could be
anywhere...but if all you did was lift the keyboard then, no.

If you take the keyboard off completely to allow for vigorous shaking,
then be careful not to tear the ribbon cable.

Jkirk

I once thought about starting a club to discuss the philosophy of
Fatalism.
But then I realized that even if anyone came, they'd only come to steal
the folding chairs.