screw loose problem :-)/warranty issues

maizychicken maizychicken at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 19 06:25:38 PST 2003

>> Know where I could find any of these instructions?  I've found some
>> for a
>> clamshell but not a dual USB iBook.
>
> DO NOT GO THERE UNLES YOU ARE WILLING TO FORFEIT YOUR ENTIRE WARRANTY.
> If you are near an apple store, go in there on a quiet day and ask the
> genius for help. Depending on a bunch of variables, (S)he may be able
> to help you to save some of the cost at least and will definitely help
> you to preserve our warranty.

Hiya,

I called Applecare twice and asked two different people who both put me on
hold to ask senior technicians if ME opening the case would void my
warranty, and both times I was told no, it would not void the warranty if I
took the case off.  The second guy said that although going into the case
itself would not void my warranty, if I damaged anything in the process the
warranty obviously would not cover damage that I did.
If anyone can show me something from Apple in writing that says that opening
the case will definitely void my warranty I'd really appreciate it, because
I am on my way to the hardware store to get the tools.

Thanks,
Maizy