[P1] Which PC based laptop is comparable to the iBook ??

Michael Flournoy meflournoy at attbi.com
Sun Jan 19 19:01:22 PST 2003

My wife uses an IBM Thinkpad. It has been trouble free. It is a very
nicely designed machine, it seems like a shame that such a nice piece
of equipment has to run such a kludge as Windows.

When we put a new hard-drive in her Gateway I set up a Linux partition
as a fail-safe in case Windows craps out. I installed the latest
version of Mandrake and was very impressed with how nice it looked and
worked. BTW, Mandrake went straight on the internet with NO setup at
all, and correctly detected the monitor and video card, all things that
Windows failed to do. AND you can use Konquerer to surf the web.
             Mike