[P1] remote access keeps trying?

Mark Kippert maclists at kippert.com
Mon Jan 20 11:25:02 PST 2003

Don Hinkle on 1/20/03 1:49 PM wrote:

> I yesterday loaded 9.2.1 update on my iBook.
> Immediately afterward, discovered that even with web browser not loaded,
> Remote Access would try to establish contact after waking from sleep. It
> keeps on doing that. I can't figure out how to tell it to be less
> diligent! Anyone know?

Go into your TCP/IP control panel and click on options in the lower right
corner. In the dialog box that appears, make sure there is a checkmark in
the "Load only when needed box.".

Note, if the Options button is not there, choose "User mode..." from the
Edit menu, select Advanced and click OK.
-Mark