[P1] remote access keeps trying?

George Slusher gslusher at appleisp.net
Mon Jan 20 14:09:09 PST 2003

>I yesterday loaded 9.2.1 update on my iBook.
>Immediately afterward, discovered that even with web browser not loaded,
>Remote Access would try to establish contact after waking from sleep. It
>keeps on doing that. I can't figure out how to tell it to be less
>diligent! Anyone know?
>
>--

Go into the Date/Time control panel and be sure that the box "Use Network
Time Server" is NOT checked. (Actually, it CAN be checked, but then you
need to set the Server Options to "manually." It's easier to not check
it. If you want to set your clock, while you're online, check the box,
click on Server Options, then "Set Time now.")

Another possible cause is if you have mounted some network volume (e.g.,
iDisk) but didn't put it away.

Also look in the Startup Items folder and see what's there. For example,
the Setup Assistant may be there if you didn't use it or complete its
process. If it is, take it out of the Startup Items folder.

George Slusher/Eugene, OR
gslusher at rio.com