airport cable

Rosie Redfield redfield at pop.interchange.ubc.ca
Mon Jan 20 17:45:11 PST 2003

Hi everyone,

Mark's email (important part below) reminded me that I wanted to ask
this list about experiences with airport cables.

My original iBoook, purchased in August 2001, was sent back after a
couple of months because the airport cable was being pinched by the
hinge - the signal was OK when the hinge was only half-open but lost
when it was fully open.  The cable couldn't be replaced for some
reason so I was sent a new iBook.  This iBook showed symptoms of the
same problem, and after a year the cable completely failed.  I can
now do email from my bed only because the base station is under the
bed.  (Yes, this is the iBook with the stinky keyboard.)

I know some other iBooks were having similar hinge vs cable problems.
Did the mess ever get resolved?  Has the hinge been redesigned?  Are
new hinge-resistant cables available?

Thanks,

Rosie