[P1] iBook won't recognize keyboard commands at startup.

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 22 20:42:37 PST 2003

On Wednesday, January 22, 2003, at 08:20  PM, William L Carr wrote:

>> Anyway,
>> the first thing that I have been doing to all of them when I turn them
>> on for the first time is to reset the PRAM.  Here's the problem, on
>> about 5 of them now, I go to reset the PRAM (power on, hold down
>> Command-Option-P-R before any thing comes up on the screen) and it
>> just
>> boots like I didn't hold anything down.

Maybe the students had a little fun and reset the keys via software so
that, for instance, the command key is the x key. So, with these books,
do the erase and install from the install cd and then try resetting the
pram.

Since you said the option key and the c key don't work, I suspect a
little prank.

Insert the CD and open the startup disk control panel or preference
pane. Select the cd and restart and then install. See if that helps.

---
Lobate Black Scale -- A Photo Essay By Jack Rodgers
http://www.jackrodgers.com