[P1] need advice on removal of stains from iBook housing caused by food or liquids

Andrew Nye andrew at nye.tc
Fri Jan 24 06:35:02 PST 2003

On Thursday, January 23, 2003, at 10:54  pm, Richard McKay wrote:

> I had to rub my eyes twice last night as I observed in *absolute
> horror* :))
> an iBook owner place his diner plate on an iBook as if it was a place
> mat!

So, where does the "Absolute horror" bit come in? Did the iBook fail to
protect the surface of the table?

> As I wish to save this Mac users soul from going to Mac hell does
> anyone
> know what can be used to get rid of such rings or stains left from
> objects
> on the iBook's housing?

Why would anyone *want* to remove the patina from an otherwise rather
bland, white, article.

I can assure you that you would not be saving any souls from Mac hell
by this route. On the contrary, any user presenting to Mac Peter with a
pristine iBook would be told to go away and *use* the thing before
admission to either place could be considered.

Andrew