OT: Keep Internet Explorer or MS products?

good-dog at northshore.net good-dog at northshore.net
Sat Jan 25 05:00:25 PST 2003

Folks;

Is there any reason to keep hold of Internet Explorer after using and
loving Safari? I understand Safari's a beta, but so far it's much
easier to use than Explorer.  I did find I couldn't access a secure
site with Safari, but then I can use Netscape or OmniWeb until Apple
gets it together with Safari.

As it stands, I only have Word 97 as a Microsoft product. It's not yet
installed after I went over to OS X, so I haven't had a need for it.
AppleWorks looks pretty tempting. I had it before, but the newer
version might be better.  Any recommendations here?  I have Z-Write, a
lovely word processing program created by a writer for writers.  I
don't have the need for a super powerhouse word processing application.
  From comments I've seen in the past, moving away from MS products is
beneficial to your machines memory, among other things.

Your comments will be welcome.

Thanks.

Mark