New iBook OS 9 Problem

Bill Lockhart blockhart1 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 25 13:33:14 PST 2003

I bought a new 12" combo iBook on the 7th of this month.
everything on this machine is great but I have one problem.

nine times out ten, when I boot into OS 9, the finder will lock up and
I'll have to reboot.
usually things will work ok and when I'm done with 9, then I reboot
back into OS 10.

A week after I bought the iBook, I installed a 512 meg's of RAM.
Could this memory be a problem?
Fine under 10, but not like 9 for some reason?
or do I need to look elsewhere for the problem?

Bill

side note:
I was at the Apple Store today and they had the new 12" Powerbooks.

some things I noticed...
MUCH lighter than my iBook.

There is a "function" key that has two squares overlapping one another.
(like pages maybe?) Not sure what that is for.

the keyboard doesn't come off.

The airport card goes in the same compartment as the battery on the
bottom.

the cool factor is off the chart!

its $500 more than my iBook!

Bill