[P1] OT: Keep Internet Explorer or MS products?

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Sun Jan 26 11:26:51 PST 2003

>> Putting aside the irrational need some people have to eliminate all
>> Microsoft products from their computers based solely on the fact that
>> it comes from Microsoft; that decision depends entirely on what
>> features you need to use.
>
> The desire to rid oneself of MS products is not "irrational." It is a
> moral decision usually based on the company's absolutely horrific
> business ethics (or lack thereof), and their proven-fact abuse of
> their monopoly power.

I think the point I was trying to make is that many people take these
positions based largely on an irrational fear of Microsoft, without
having any real knowledge or understanding of what the company does
that one might find so objectionable. They dislike Microsoft mostly
because it *is* Microsoft.

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net