[P1] need advice on removal of stains from iBook housing caused by food or liquids

Peter Nacken caipirina at mac.com
Sun Jan 26 17:28:15 PST 2003

on 1/24/03 10:54 AM, Richard McKay at richard.mckay1 at virgin.net wrote:

> To keep it on topic...
>
> I had to rub my eyes twice last night as I observed in *absolute horror* :))
> an iBook owner place his diner plate on an iBook as if it was a place mat!
> As I wish to save this Mac users soul from going to Mac hell does anyone
> know what can be used to get rid of such rings or stains left from objects
> on the iBook's housing?

I would just use some kitchen paper towel, maybe very slightly dampened by
windex (NOT soaked !!!) ... And pray that it was no curry dish !!! The
tumeric spice in curry has the meanest yellow EVER imaginable ... Actually
that makes me wonder if I could dye my ibook yellow this way .. Hmmm ...
Anyway, curry yellow is very tough, if not impossible, to get out of even
plastic surfaces..

P (who once ruined a vinyl kitchen floor cooking, and then spilling, curry)