[P1] OS 10.2.3 on iBook

Michael Flournoy meflournoy at attbi.com
Mon Jan 27 15:34:02 PST 2003

I have the same machine, with Jaguar and 192mb of ram and a 10mb hd. It
works very well indeed. It never locks up or crashes - ever. It wakes
up as soon as I open the lid - always. It looks great and is plenty
fast enough. It networks with my sons iMac and my wifes Gateway without
any problems. It IS slower than OS9, but not much, mainly noticed when
I open a folder with a lot of images or a lot of documents. iPhotos
says it has the wrong resolution but opens anyway. I moved my dock to
the rh side which helped a lot. I set up a small partition for my old
OS9 as a fail-safe but haven't touched it. Do it.

BTW, does yours have a firewire port? If so yo might like to know
SmartDisk has  an external firewire cd-burner for $100. It uses the
firewire for power. This is their older, slower ( 8X ) model but it
works very well. It filled in this machines one lack for me.

Mike