[P1] iBook and Restart command...HELP Please

George Slusher gslusher at rio.com
Wed Jan 29 12:26:20 PST 2003

>I gave my iBook 700 running Jaguar the command to restart after I
>accidentally gave it the offline command in Mail and then couldn't undo
>that command...and it asked me if I really did want to restart, and now
>it's still up and the little circle is still circling and it's been more
>than 10 minutes...no black screen, just the blue and the circle made of
>lines turning.  Is this normal?  How do I get it to quit and restart?

Try holding down the power button for several seconds. That should force
the iBook to shut down. The previous model (the "late 2001" version that
I have) has a reset button, though it's very small--it's next to the A/V
connector. I don't think that the 700 mHz model has one. As I recall, the
reset button is a good way to tell them apart without checking the System
Profiler.

George Slusher/Eugene, OR
gslusher at rio.com