[P1] iBook 700mhz and Jaguar problems

William L Carr Jkirk3279 at beanstalk.net
Wed Jan 29 14:33:18 PST 2003

On Monday, January 27, 2003, at 02:41  PM, Paul Miller wrote:

> Hi All (again),
>
> I posted a week or so ago with the battery-remaining-time problem
> since upgrading 10.2.3.  Thanks for the replies.  I also stated that
> the kaliedoscope icon came up more than usual..seems like everything
> processed slower.  I loaded iPulse (a great program) from the Icon
> Factory that shows processor use, disk access, etc...doesn't
> neccessarily relate to the problem from what I can see.  Thought it
> was just me at first, but..... it takes just under 10 minutes to cold
> boot!!!  My old 603e with a 40mhz bus is faster!!  It was a no brainer
> to load from the two disks.  How could I have done something wrong?

There are two problems that fit this symptom, either you need to run
Fix Permissions or if you're on a network you might be seeing a delay
while the Mac looks for Servers that are no loinger connected.   Ask
Randy Singer about this.   He's got a  great website on common OS X
problems.  Maybe the ListMom could consider putting that URL for
Randy's Tutorial in the Headers for this list.  I keep forgetting it.

Jkirk

I once thought about starting a club to discuss the philosophy of
Fatalism.
But then I realized that even if anyone came, they'd only come to steal
the folding chairs.