[P1] hot spots in the U.S.

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 30 07:45:36 PST 2003

On Thursday, January 30, 2003, at 01:01  AM, Charles Martin wrote:

> And before anybody challenges me, I paid my lawyer his hourly fee to
> get this opinion. He added that he would greatly enjoy defending
> someone sued by a library for doing this, but doubted it would ever
> even get as far as a judge. QUOTE: "Even the clerk would laugh it out
> of court."

I also paid a lawyer for an opinion on a different matter, door to door
selling in a Green River city. Green River refers to the laws making it
illegal and where found unconstitutional. He wrote a letter explaining
this and said show it to any cop that stops you. Then he smiled,
perhaps in anticipation of future legal fees to come?

The bottom line is that should someone 'get caught' surfing on a
corporate wifi and then get arrested and lathered with a dozen
different charges for computer invasion crimes (the surfing will be
done through a corporate network and its computers) there will be a lot
of expense in defending oneself, not to mention time involved, etc.

---
Lobate Black Scale -- A Photo Essay By Jack Rodgers
http://www.jackrodgers.com