[P1] Sherlock--Why?

Stephen Foster foster at pop.ca.inter.net
Tue Jul 1 05:06:38 PDT 2003

>Brian Pearce <bpearce at cloud9.net> wrote:
>OS X sees a return to the days when you search for files in the Finder;
>either by bringing up "Find" using Command-F (where you can also search
>by content), or with the interface that's an optional part of every
>Finder window....

The first time I tried Command-F it did what you say. Subsequent
efforts brought up Sherlock and as I can't seem to get it to "index"
the complete hard drive it doesn't find items I know are
present--somewhere. I find Sherlock very frustrating and, for me,
not very intuitive and therefore useless. I started, and stayed with
Macs because I didn't want to know anything about computers I just
wanted to use them. As the os has evolved I find I, and the mac, are
getting further from that goal.
Stephen
--
-
"A man cannot step into the same river twice; for neither is it the