[P1] iBook Video Streaming

Charles Pearce charlesp at ksu.edu
Tue Jul 1 14:26:26 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, July 1, 2003, at 03:43  PM, Linda van Thiel wrote:

> Charles
>
> it works .... at 4:38pm est (3:38 your time?) I am watching you play
> with your camera in your office.  Looks like it is as sunny a day in
> Kansas as it is in Michigan.  You now have the camera looking out the
> window.  Every once in a while someone walks by or a car drives by
> .... What is on the tv?  Sounds like Judy Garland singing, certainly
> not techtv!
>
> Linda
> SE MI (wayne state univ in detroit)

Nope. That would be Ella Fitzgerald bought from the Apple Music Store
the second day they were open (the first day was too busy). I'm
thinking that when I go home for the night I might just put on a really
long playlist and let the camera stay looking out the window. I had to
turn off TechTV when the Anime came on. Just a bit too noisy for a work
place.

To the rest of the list: Linda overheard me (via streaming video)
talking to one of our techies about some extension conflicts in OS9
that he was troubleshooting and phoned me to remind me that to boot
into OS9 directly into the Extensions Manager is to hold down the
spacebar. I had forgotten that little trick since I moved to OSX over a
year ago and haven't really looked back. Thanks, Linda. He's now trying
to figure out which one of 237 extensions is the offending party.

Charles