[P1] Ttly OT: Fiji exercises internet censorship !!!

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 2 15:39:08 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, July 2, 2003, at 02:07  PM, david wrote:

> Okay Jack - met me rephrase myself since you have a flair for assuming
> that
> every poster knows much less than you and is probably only as
> intelligent as
> a flatworm.

Must have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed today, huh?

> The first thing I'd try is shutting the machine down - obviously (for
> me but
> not for you I guess) that would be a normal shutdown via the
> finder/explorer.

We aren't dealing just with you and me when we make a post, as many
people have pointed out when they caught me in a poorly edited post...
:)

> Of course if this didn't work I'd move on to other steps to
> attempt shutting down before hitting the power switch.

> If the machine is unresponsive and I've made certain the problem isn't
> an
> unresponsive mouse and/or keyboard - then I'd hit the power switch.
>
> Of course, for anyone but you I wouldn't need to spell it out like
> this.

Defensiveness is obvious...  :)

Compare your statements here with your initial post which invites
someone to just force a shutdown...  Quite a difference and I guess
worth my critique...

> On Wednesday, July 2, 2003, at 09:24  AM, david wrote:
>
>> Sheesh - the first thing any decent tech does is turn off the machine
>> to see if rebooting fixes the problem.

And, as I pointed out, that is not the signature of a decent tech and
you backed away from your statement. Stay tuned, you'll surely catch me
when I post a blooper.

---
The 2003 campaign begins...
<http://www.JackRodgers.com>