[P1] Airport Base Station trouble

e.mkeene e.mkeene at wap.org
Thu Jul 3 20:06:59 PDT 2003

> So how do I go about getting AppleCare to cover my base station? As an
> aside, I know one of the guys at my local Apple service centre so I
> might go in and get the low-down from him.

AppleCare will cover all the apple items listed on the same receipt as
your computer. Addons are not covered except by the original warranty
on the  product. You indicated that you purchased the ibook and abs
separately so the abs is only covered by its original warranty. Since
it is a graphite, unless you can get the original owner to send you a
copy of the original receipt showing that it was purchased within the
last year, its warranty has expired also. Your best bet is to check
locally to see if anyone can do the repair for you. If not, there are
webpages posted on how to replace the capacitor if that is the problem.
There is also a small online business that repairs the abs for you. I
don't have the url on the ibook, i will try to find it and post it or
you can google for airport base station repair. This url has some info
about abs problems other than the capacitor:

http://slashdot.org/askslashdot/01/01/23/200254.shtml