[P1] Airport Base Station trouble

Michael Adams bulk at michaeladams.org
Thu Jul 3 21:15:18 PDT 2003

e.mkeene wrote:

>> So how do I go about getting AppleCare to cover my base station? As an
>> aside, I know one of the guys at my local Apple service centre so I
>> might go in and get the low-down from him.
>

> AppleCare will cover all the apple items listed on the same receipt as
> your computer. Addons are not covered except by the original warranty
> on the  product. You indicated that you purchased the ibook and abs
> separately so the abs is only covered by its original warranty. Since
> it is a graphite, unless you can get the original owner to send you a
> copy of the original receipt showing that it was purchased within the
> last year, its warranty has expired also. Your best bet is to check
> locally to see if anyone can do the repair for you. If not, there are
> webpages posted on how to replace the capacitor if that is the
> problem. There is also a small online business that repairs the abs
> for you. I don't have the url on the ibook, i will try to find it and
> post it or you can google for airport base station repair. This url
> has some info about abs problems other than the capacitor:
>
> http://slashdot.org/askslashdot/01/01/23/200254.shtml

Interesting read...

I'm almost too scared to reply, but (knock on wood) my AirPort has been
running constantly without a single crash for almost 28 hours now! I've
turned off WEP and moved the base station upstairs, but that's about it.
Otherwise I haven't changed anything.

So... I'll hold off calling AppleCare and seeing just what the TOS are
till it's crashed a few more times and I've tried a few other work-arounds.

--Michael.