cd drive won't open

Mary C. Youra mcyoura at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jul 5 14:45:52 PDT 2003

This morning, my husband offered to back up (we use an external
firewire hd) and to run Disk Warrior 3 (for the first time) on my iBook
800, while I went shopping. When I got home, he reported that Disk
Warrior didn't want to run on my iBook -- he got a message that said it
could only run on a computer he owned. He said he'd tried three times,
with my iBook crashing completely -- so, he took the battery out  to
restart (he didn't know to press the start key to reset). There were
other details, like installing DW on the drive, but the gist was he
couldn't run it. However, at the moment my bigger problem is that I
just discovered the cd tray won't open when the Media Eject button is
pressed -- nor using the fn-Media Eject method Apple mentions in the
little owner's manual.

I restarted, and opened it with a paper clip, and I can eject a disk by
dragging it to the trash, but the Media Eject is still not functioning.

I got this iBook in December - OS. 10.2.6 - and I love it. Any
suggestions, or is my husband facing a night on the couch?

Mary