[P1] new ibooks... question...

Larry Kollar kollar at alltel.net
Tue Jul 8 18:51:21 PDT 2003

Pat D. Stephens wrote:

> You guys talk about 9 and Classic.  Does Classic freeze like 9 did?
> If so, do you lose all open work in X?  I'm getting confused with all
> of this...and, as you can tell, I rarely use Classic on my iBook...

No, and no. I use FrameMaker under Classic in my day job, and Classic
is much more stable than OS9 ever dreamed of being. (Although I used to
have a 6100/66 running 7.6.1 that came close.)

If Classic craps out, you should be able to simply restart it & keep
going... although sometimes it's best to log out & log in again, just
to make sure the window server is straightened out.

--
Larry Kollar    k  o  l  l  a  r  @  a  l  l  t  e  l  .  n  e  t
"The hardest part of all this is the part that requires thinking."