Does the Clock Sleep?

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Thu Jul 10 02:44:04 PDT 2003

> From: Ron Reames <rreames at cableone.net>
>
> Does this mean that the iSkin is bad for iBooks then, sense it covers
> the keyboard?

No, because when the iBook is closed, it is asleep and therefore not
generating any significant amount of heat.

Now if you were to cover the keyboard with something while using it for
a prolonged period, you might run into trouble. I have a strong hunch
that this is what has happened to a client of mine who has "mysterious
shutdowns" after using her "keyboard protector" covered iBook for a few
hours.

Whenever I take the iBook and remove the "keyboard protector" skin and
use it for a few hours, I have no problems at all.

_Chas_

"Microsoft has innovated nothing. The thing I find most contemptible is
Bill's lying , this thing about innovating. It makes me want to puke.
That's innovation a la Rockefeller, not innovation a la Edison."
-- Larry Elisson, Oracle CEO, 1998 interview with PC Week Online.