[P1] OT: Software Licensing

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 10 05:44:24 PDT 2003

> Not the same.

Generaly things are disuputed by people who don't want to believe
them...

> If the analogy was the same

I have stated that all analogy is subject to being proven wrong by
looking further into than was intended...

> Anything less is unethical on the part of the software publishers, not
> the consumer.

Unethical? Where is the code of ethics on how to license one's own
software?

Let's limit the discussion to reality and not theory.

First, the creators of the software want to make money. They also in
their greedy natures want everyone who uses it to pay up (they may give
copies away).

The users want to get everything for nothing but sometimes are willing
to pay if they have to.

The real problem for the buyer is that the buyer is faced with their
own ethical question of how trustworthy and honest they are since it is
so easy to copy software. This produces the need for all of the
justifications for why I am copying it.

Personally I feel the solution is to include a license for the
individual that allows them to use the software on any computer. Devise
a method so that an unlicensed individual cannot use the software.
Maybe use dna or fingerprints, my iPaq Pocket PC has a fingerprint
reader on it. Then there would be two licenses, one corporate for
servers and one individual as just stated.

Since the Democratic party is now using my statement about giving the
public the same insurance as politicians, which I propounded
immediately after the Hillary Event where the wife of the President
tried to write a law which is not legally possible, I feel this idea
will come about.

---
The US Government is mailing 13 Billion dollars of tax credits to US
Citizens to spend buying goods from Communist China. How does sending
all of this money out of the country improve our economy?
<http://www.JackRodgers.com>

JackRodgers at earthlink.net