[P1] What is an "Appleworks" substitute for PCs?

Ruffin Bailey rufbo1 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 11 03:55:58 PDT 2003

>> Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 16:18:17 -0500
>> Subject: [P1] What is an "Appleworks" substitute for PCs?
>> From: Ron Reames <rreames at cableone.net>
>>
>> In the computer art class I teach I use Appleworks for about 90% of the
>> lessons.
>> Kids will ask me if AW is available for PC's. My search says, 'no'.
>> What would be a good paint program for middle-level students?
>> Ron

Believe it or not, there *is* an Appleworks for Windows.  Check out the Appleworks page:
http://www.apple.com/appleworks/

Look at the update section on the right.  You'll find:
AppleWorks 6.2.1 for Windows
This free update to AppleWorks for Windows provides improvements to the spreadsheet.

I believe it's only offered to schools, however.  Apple heard complaints, as I understand it, that PC users at schools couldn't open Appleworks docs, so there you go.  I'm sure there's a better, cheaper solution, but just thought I'd point out that there is an AW for Windows.

Ruffin Bailey