[P1] OT: Software Licensing

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 11 15:51:23 PDT 2003

On Friday, July 11, 2003, at 04:38  PM, Gene Bogart wrote:

> OK, I lied - one more:  I write a song, and sell it to you on a CD,
> for you
> to play on your home stereo. Then I tell you that if you also want to
> play
> it in your car, you have to buy another copy of the CD. (Yikes!)

As far as i am concerned, you have that right and if I know about it
and agree to it then should I not abide by my word?

However, I do have the legal right to take the matter to court and see
if it is a legally enforceable agreement. Courst have a history of
saying the terms of an agreement are unconstitutional, unfair, etc. and
tossing them out.

I am not siding with either side here, just discussing the logic and
such on both sides. However, most of the arguments I have heard
justifying piracy, etc. are very impressive and the talker would be
much better off limiting their arguments and sticking with the simple
and the obvious. I paid my money and I want to do this which really
isn't that bad a thing to do.

---
Historically the ideas that tend to make everyone mad are the ideas
that become socially accepted in a decade or so.

<http://www.JackRodgers.com>
<http://www.lobatelacscale.com>
JackRodgers at earthlink.net