Addictive games for the iBook

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sat Jul 12 01:36:36 PDT 2003

> From: Peter Nacken <caipirina at mac.com>
>
> Every once in a while I like to ask around what else people use to
> kill some
> un-productive seconds or minutes in between to recharge the creative
> batteries .. And since new stuff is popping up left and right, it is a
> worthy question to be asked in the group every couple of month ..
>
> I know we probably all had to see a shrink over Jeweltoy addiction :)
>
> Anyways .. My entry is "Jinni Zeala" .. Finally a fun pinball for OSX
> .. And
> it even runs on the old 300 mhz tangerine without a crumble ..
> Actually it
> runs better there, on the 500mhz I need to manually change the screen
> res
> first ...
>
> What else has come out recently and fascinated ?

On OS X, I often drop into a quick game of "aiDrop" (Tetris) or the
aforementioned Jeweltoy for a short break.

But honest to gosh, one of the FEW remaining things I keep Classic
around for is a Yahtzee game called "Super Dice-It" that dates back to
1992. I am sooooo hooked, and have been for *11* years now!! (can't
believe it!). Anytime I'm on hold on the phone, or bored of reading, or
waiting for the computer to crunch some video, I fire it up. It's a
GODSEND on boring bus/train/plane rides.

I've tried the existing Mac OS X "yahtzee" type games, and they all
SUCK compared to Super Dice-It. I think it's the combination of it's
being quick to play and being one of the few that is completely
faithful to the original game, right down to the red dice!

_Chas_

The CPU speed wars are over. We won.
http://www.apple.com/powermac/