DVD region codes

Park Parkblue at gmx.net
Tue Jul 15 09:24:15 PDT 2003

Interesting arguments, though I don't concur with some of them.

On 14 Jul 2003, Brian Pearce wrote:

: Oh, please. That has *nothing* to do with the region coding scheme
: employed in DVDs...
: You may disagree with them (and mostly this seems to be because they
: inconvenience you)

I disagree with encoding for two reasons: overly profit-thinking and
inconvenience. There. I said it *s* No need to get condescending though,
right?

And true: better DVD with circumventable limitations than no DVD at all.