Oh no!

James Hall james at nine2000.com
Sun Jul 20 15:02:28 PDT 2003

I just got the worst feeling in the pit of my stomach.  We bought a tv
table this weekend to keep the iBook on.  Well, the only problem is
that it leaves some cords laying around.  Our PC bit the proverbial
dust tonight, so I was getting up to help my wife figure out what was
going on with it, when all of a sudden...

crack.

The ethernet cable ripped out of the notebook port.  I'm probably lucky
that the notebook didn't fall, but it *did* break the tabs that hold
the cable in place.  So now I'm thoroughly bummed.  Looks like I'll
take it to the Apple Store on Tuesday to see if they'll fix the screen,
and who knows, maybe they'll be generous enough to fix this port as
well.

A guy can pray, can't he?

James